82nd National Book Week
Theme: Today’s Readers: Inclusivity in Diversity
CALENDAR OF ACTIVITIES :
November 11- Elimination Round for Public Elementary Schools
@ City Library and Information Center
3rd Flr. Sangguniang Panlungsod Building
November 16-Finals –Private Elementary Schools and
Winners from Public Elem. Schools @
SM Event Center, Ecoland
Book Character Parade
November 17-Private and Public Elementary Schools @
SM Event Center, Ecoland
MECHANICS AND GUIDELINES FOR THE NATIONAL BOOK WEEK 2016 CONTESTS
1. The contest is open to Private and Public Elementary Schools in Davao City.
2. The Contestant must be enrolled in the Primary Grade level (Grades I to IV). Only one contestant will be allowed per school/district.
3. The contest was organized and will be managed by the City Library/ Philippine Librarians Association, Inc., (PLAI) Storytelling Contest
4. Each contestant should memorize the story and it must be in English.
5. The contestant can wear any dress or costumes depending on the character he/she is portraying.
6.The contestant will be provided with a lapel or microphone during the delivery, but no musical background is allowed.
7. Only the contestant who will perform will be on stage; no assistant will be allowed.
8. Piece delivery should not be less than five (5) and not more than seven (7) minutes. One (1) point per minute will be deducted for overtime
- All contestants must have submitted a duly accomplished Storytelling Contest Application Form to the City Library,
3rd Floor Sangguniang Panlungsod Building, San Pedro Street, Davao City on 15th of November 2016.
- Non conformation to the above guidelines would mean disqualification.
- The decision of the judges is final and irrevocable.
- Prizes for the winners are as follows :
First Place – 5,000.00 + gold medal (certificate)
Second Place – 4,000.00 + silver (certificate)
Third Place -3,000.00 + bronze (certificate)
4th to 10th place-1,000.00 (certificate)
CRITERIA FOR JUDGING
QUALITY OF VOICE
The voice must be loud and clear enough to be heard
and understood. 20%
Correct pronunciation and intonation of the words,
emphasizing on the stressed syllables 20%
The story was delivered spontaneously and interpreted well. 20%
Actions and facial expressions were perfectly done with no
trace of nervousness or stage fright.
Showmanship as a whole is excellent. 20%
STORY BEING TOLD
The story being told is fitted for the storyteller’s age or level.
It can be easily understood, enjoyable and exciting.
The story has moral lessons or values. 20%
A TOTAL OF 100%
BOOK CHARACTER PARADE
1.1 The Contest is open to Public and Private Schools in Davao.
1.2 Participating institution is allowed to have one entry only.
1.3 Contestant should register their story to avoid duplication of entries. All entries
must have registered on or before November 15, at the City Library, tel. no. 227-31-37.
1.4 Each entry should not be more than fifteen (15) but not less than ten (10)pupils.Human props shall be counted as one.
1.5 Entry must be dubbed and narrator is not allowed.
1.6 Participating schools may use their own imagination to depict any scene to highlight the story they have chosen to portray and are given four (4) to five (5) minutes for their performances. One (1) point per minute shall be deducted for under time/overtime.
2.1 The Book Character Parade will be judged according to the following criteria, viz
SHOWMANSHIP/CHARACTER PORTRAYAL 35%
(Performance and consistency of the role; actions, facial expressions were
perfectly done. Story was portrayed spontaneously and interpreted well.)
CREATIVITY: COSTUMES & PROPS 30%
(Appropriateness of costume, its impact to the character: Make-up
fitted to his/her chosen character. Use of props enhanced the effectiveness
of the presentation.)
AUDIENCE IMPACT/MASTERY 20%
(Applause /Mastery/ Time Limit not exceeding the time allotted)
STORY BEING PORTRAYED 15%
(It can be easily understood, enjoyable and exciting. The story has moral
lessons or values )
THE DECISION OF THE JUDGES IS FINAL AND IRREVOCABLE.
3. AWARDING OF PRIZES
3.1 Awarding of Prizes will be given immediately after the activity.
3.2 Winners will receive the following prizes:
1st place: P10,000.00 + Certificate of Recognition
2nd place: P 8,000.00 + Certificate of Recognition
3rd place : P 6,000.00 + Certificate of Recognition
4th to 10th place: P 2,000.00 + Certificate of Recognition